Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small shallot (about 2 tablespoons), minced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
4 large kumara
2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2inch thick
1-2 bag Taylor Farms Kale Chopped Kit
2 scallions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place the kumara on a baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes, or until fork tender.
2. While the kumara bake, preheat an indoor or outdoor grill. Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper. Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. During the last few minutes of grilling, liberally brush on the poppy seed dressing that is included in the salad kit. Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before chopping into bite-size chunks.
3. While the chicken is resting, add the bacon to a small frypan over medium heat. Allow the bacon to cook, stirring often, until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Discard the bacon fat from the pan, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons. Turn the heat down to medium low. Add the shallot to the pan with the reserved bacon fat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Add the red wine vinegar to the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients, whisking vigorously to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Finely chop the cooked bacon. Stir half of the bacon into
the vinaigrette mixture. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Add the remaining salad kit contents to a large bowl. Pour the warm bacon vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
5. To assemble the stuffed kumara, slice the kumara lengthwise down the center. Using a fork, fluff the inside of the potato and season each with kosher salt and pepper. Divide the chopped chicken between the four kumara. Top each kumara with a generous amount of the Kale Salad. Sprinkle with remaining chopped bacon. Serve immediately.
Recipe by One Sweet Mess